Mobility Scooter Warranty
Our Mobility Scooter Warranty policy provides cover should your mobility scooter suffer a sudden or unforeseen breakdown.
Cover can be provided for both new and used Mobility Scooters, but it’s important to note that if you take out the policy after your manufacturer’s warranty has already expired, there is no cover for the first 90 days from the start date of the policy.
Many people choose to set up their Mobility Scooter Warranty policy before their manufacturer’s warranty has expired, so that the start date will follow straight on and there will be no gap in cover.
For a Mobility Scooter Warranty Insurance quote
Key benefits at a glance
The following costs are covered following a sudden and unforeseen mechanical or electrical breakdown:
- Repairs to your Mobility Scooter, parts fitted, callout costs, and labour costs. These costs will be paid up to the limit on the policy schedule and, in the event of a claim, an estimate for the repairs should be sent to us for authorisation
- For Scooters over 2 years old, the market value will be paid in the event of a total loss claim
- Worldwide cover for up to 21 days outside the geographical limits
- Cover can be used to extend your manufacturer’s warranty, or protect your Mobility Scooter if your manufacturer’s warranty has already expired
- Multi-year policies available for new Mobility Scooters to extend manufacturer’s warranty
- Accidental damage, servicing, and consumable items such as batteries are not covered
As with any warranty policy, limits and exclusions apply. Please get in touch with us for further information or read the full policy documentation here for further information..
See what our customers are saying about Fish’s service
We’ve answered some of the queries you might have about our Mobility Scooter Warranty policy
QWhen should my mobility scooter warranty cover start?
AIf your mobility scooter is still within its manufacturer’s warranty, the start date you choose for your Extended Warranty policy should be the day after the manufacturer’s warranty expires.
QWill warranty cover mean my mobility scooter tyres can be replaced if I get a puncture?
ANo. Our warranty cover doesn’t include consumable items like tyres or bulbs. However, we do offer a separate Puncture Care policy at just £9.99 for one year’s cover. You can find out more about our Puncture Care policy here. This cover can only be purchased in conjunction with a Mobility Scooter Insurance policy.
QCan I buy warranty cover if my mobility scooter manufacturer’s warranty has expired?
AYes. If your manufacturer’s warranty has expired, you can still take out Extended Warranty cover from Fish Insurance. However, multi-year policies will not be available to you, meaning you will only be able to take out a policy for one year at a time.