Looking to renew your policy? Click here for instructions.
Making a claim
If you need to make a claim, call 0333 331 3960 as soon as possible. The claims helpline is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you are wanting to claim on the Motor Excess Protection part of your policy, you can make a claim by calling 0333 331 3958.
Please have your Certificate of Motor Insurance to hand and details of the incident with you when you call.
If you are at the scene of an accident when you call and don’t have your Certificate of Motor Insurance to hand, please quote your registration number.
Important points to help you after an incident:
- Make a note of the registration number of any vehicles involved, and any witnesses
- Do not admit responsibility
- Try to collect the names and addresses of the other drivers, including their phone numbers and details of any property damaged. This will allow us to contact anybody else involved straight away and, if you are not at fault and we manage to recover any money we pay in full, your no claim discount will not be affected
- If anyone other than you are injured in the accident, you must show Your Certificate of Motor insurance to the police. If you cannot do this at the time of the accident, take it to the police as soon as possible or within 24 hours
As part of our claims procedure, you must:
- Notify us of any accident and provide us with full details as soon as possible
- Send us any correspondence you receive (including any writ or summons) without delay and unanswered
- Tell us about any future prosecution, coroner’s inquest, or fatal accident inquiry involving anyone covered by this policy
- Not admit responsibility or make any offer or promise without our written permission
- Co-operate fully with us on all matters concerning the handling and settlement of any claim. We will take over and defend or settle any claim or take proceedings at our own expense and for our own benefit to recover any payment we have made under this policy