Protect yourself in 2017
By: fishadmin, On: 19 January 2017
January is the month when lots of us take a step back, look at our lives, and find ways to be a little kinder, smarter, or better in the year to come. While finding more affordable and comprehensive insurance may not be the most glamorous of New Year’s Resolutions, it could save you worry and even a little money in 2017.
Here at Fish Insurance, we specialise in providing insurance for those with disabilities and pre-existing conditions. For over 40 years, we have been providing policies that are specifically designed to meet the needs of those who can often struggle to find affordable, comprehensive insurance cover, if any at all.
Unlike most general insurers, we offer our 80,000 policyholders cover with disability-specific benefits such as protection for vital mobility aids, adaptations, medicines and carers.
You might know us for our Mobility Scooter Insurance, or maybe our Car or Travel Insurance. But did you know that we offer a variety of different products, tailored to protecting both you and the essentials in your life?
Our Travel Cover is tailored for people diagnosed with medical conditions. The cover includes:
- All pre-existing medical conditions and disabilities considered
- No upper age limit or medical screening
- Single and annual multi-trip cover with a choice of cover levels
- Provision for a replacement carer
- Emergency replacement of prescription medicines
We’ve also teamed up with the UK’s leading provider of airport essentials, Holiday Extras, to provide you with things like airport hotels, car parking and lounges.
We offer buildings and/or contents insurance which covers people for their individual needs. Cover includes:
- Specialist buildings cover protecting a variety of vital home adaptations
- Contents cover for manual wheelchairs & disability aids
- Replacement of adaptations following loss or damage
- Optional home emergency cover
- Family legal protection
Our Car Insurance includes, as standard, specific benefits to suit people with disabilities and mobility issues. Cover includes:
- Like-for-like vehicle adaptation and modification cover
- Cover for wheelchairs and mobility equipment in transit
- Free courtesy car or a mobility allowance if no suitable vehicle is available
- UK breakdown recovery and legal expenses cover
Mobility Scooter & Powered Wheelchair Insurance
We offer two levels of Mobility Scooter & Powered Wheelchair cover to help keep you moving. Cover includes:
- Protection for any user
- Up to £2m public liability insurance
- Covers theft, vandalism and accidental damage including fire and flood
- Personal injury protection
Mobility Extra is the enhanced policy which offers all the benefits above plus extended UK breakdown cover.
Mobility Equipment Insurance
Our Mobility Equipment policy offers a whole range of benefits to make sure equipment such as stairlifts, beds, rise and recline chairs, hoists and bath lifts are protected. Cover includes:
- Accidental damage including fire, storm and flood
- Theft and vandalism
- Mobility Equipment Warranty cover includes sudden and unforeseen electrical or mechanical breakdown
Independent Living Insurance
We offer an Independent Living policy with two levels of cover to protect those who employ personal assistants (PAs) or carers. Cover includes:
- Up to £10m employers’ liability insurance
- Up to £5m public liability cover
- 24-hour support from the UK’s leading provider of employment law and health and safety services*
- Personal accident cover*
*Available on full cover policy only
Carer & Personal Assistant (PA) Insurance
Our Carer and Personal Assistants (PA) policy enables carers to protect themselves when at work. Cover includes:
- Public liability cover which provides protection against errors and omissions in the provision of medical treatment, accidental damage to property and accidental bodily injury to any person
- Legal costs
- Personal accident cover
- Indemnity to principal, protecting service users, local authorities, service support groups, agencies or other individuals/organisations through which PAs are contracted
We offer the first insurance policy designed specifically to protect prosthetic and orthotic devices. Cover includes:
- Cover to replace a lost, stolen or damaged device
- Worldwide insurance including cover whilst the device is in possession or control of airport authorities or baggage handlers
- Up to £2m public liability insurance for accidental damage or injury
Life Insurance & Funeral Planning
We are working with Vitality to provide life insurance and serious illness products to help more people with disabilities and pre-existing medical conditions arrange life insurance cover.
- Financial security and peace of mind for yourself and your dependents
- Term or Whole of Life insurance options
- Serious illness cover for over 170 conditions including all heart attacks, all strokes and more cancers than any other insurer
We have also joined up with Golden Charter, the UK’s largest funeral plan provider, to offer an affordable funeral planning service to our customers. Golden Charter also offer a range of services to help you arrange important legal matters such as Wills, Powers of Attorney and Probate Plans.
You can find more information about all of our products on our website, or call 0333 331 3753 for a quote.
Limitations and exclusions apply to all Fish Insurance policies.
Calls to 0333 numbers are usually chargeable at a local rate from both UK landlines and mobile phones. These calls may be included within network providers’ “free minutes” packages. Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Fish Insurance is a trading name of Fish Administration Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activities only. Fish Administration Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company no. 4214119.