Select Product

From Just

Call us now for a quote
0333 331 3770

<strong>From Just<br/><span class=£67^"/>

Independent Living Insurance

Specialist insurance for people who employ personal assistants (PAs) or carers.

Independent Living Insurance from Fish Insurance

As one of the UK’s longest established and leading disability insurance specialists, it should come as no surprise to learn that Fish Insurance pioneered policies to protect those using the Government’s direct payments and other personal budget schemes.

Our ground-breaking Independent Living Insurance policies provide unrivalled protection for people employing their own personal assistants or carers.

Key benefits at a glance

Up to £10 million employment liability insurance cover

Up to £5 million public liability cover

24-hour support from the UK’s leading provider of employment law and health and safety services*

Protects against theft by your employee*

Redundancy cover*

Replacement PA cover*

Two levels of cover are available; Basic Cover and Full Cover.
*Benefits only included with Full Cover policy.

Buy online

^Includes a £10 introductory discount on your first year Independent Living Basic Cover Insurance only. Not applicable to any other policy. New customers only. 86.4% of customers achieved this discounted price in 2016. Offer ends 31/12/2019.

Benefits from Basic Cover to Full Cover

Full CoverBasic Cover
Employers Liability£10 Million£10 Million
Public Liability£5 Million£5 Million
Indemnity to Principal
Redundancy & Notice Payment Cover
Replacement Employee Cover
Identity Theft
Loss of Keys
Errors and Omissions by Employee
Theft by Employee
Personal Accident
Accidental Death£12,500
Hospitalisation Benefit£75
Emergency Medical Collection
Accidental Death Funeral Cover
Cost of Alterations to your home
24 hour Employment Law and Tax Advice Line
Compensation Costs
Court and Tribunal Costs
Payroll Advice
Customer Care Helplines
Health and Safety Manual and Advice
Contract Disputes for Services or Goods Purchased
Excess (that you will pay)NoneNone

For a quote call 0333 331 3770

  • Independent Living related articles
    on our Hub

Answers to the most popular questions about our Independent Living cover

  • Q1.

    Do I need Independent Living Insurance if I employ a carer?


    If your carer or personal assistant is defined as your employee (rather than being self-employed) you MUST have employer’s liability insurance. This is included with our Independent Living Insurance.

  • Q2.

    My carer is self-employed. Do I need independent Living Insurance?


    As you are not your carer’s employer, you do not need the Employers' Liability insurance included with Fish Insurance’s Independent Living policy. However, you should check that your carer has Public Liability insurance. This ensures you can make a claim if anything was to happen. We offer Public Liability insurance as part of our Carer & Personal Assistant Insurance policy.

  • Q3.

    Am I covered if my carer steals from me?


    Yes. Our full cover policy covers you against theft by your employee.

  • Q4.

    Who can I contact if I am unsure about my rights and responsibilities as an employer?


    With Fish Insurance’s full cover Independent Living Insurance policy you get 24/7 support from an employment law and health and safety helpline.

  • Q5.

    What if I have to make my employee redundant? Am I covered?


    Yes, our full cover policy includes redundancy and notice payment cover. It’s important that you seek advice from the provided 24/7 helpline before making your employee redundant.

Save Your Details
Load Your Details