Carer & Personal Assistant Insurance
0800 088 3245
Carer and Personal Assistant Insurance Policy
If you’re a carer or personal assistant (PA) it’s important you take good care of yourself. That’s why we have launched a NEW policy with you in mind. Our Public Liability policy protects you against vital risks, mistakes which you might make because, after all, you’re only human and doing a very mentally and physically demanding job. It protects against risks you may be exposed to because of the very nature of your job, such as giving the wrong medication or dosage, or injuring someone in your care.
Do you know what you’d do if held personally responsible for a compensation claim, especially if you are a self employed Personal Assistant?
- This is a policy which offers so many benefits, but for so little – equivalent to less than £2 a week.
- Up to £5million public liability cover, including:
- Protection against errors and omissions in the provision of medical treatment
- Accidental damage to property
- Accidental bodily injury to any person
- Legal costs and expenses incurred in defending prosecution under food, health and safety acts
- Up to £10,000 personal accident cover, with hospital allowance
- Indemnity to principal – this helps by ensuring that a service user, local authority, service support group, agency or other individual/organisation through which a PA is contracted is also protected
ONLY £89 CALL NOW ON 0800 088 3245 FOR INSURANCE COVER
If you’re a care service user, local authority or service support group you may be concerned as to the employment status of a PA. The distinction between being employed and self employed is an important one, but it’s not necessarily clearly defined. This grey area is causing concern because if a PA is employed a care service user must have employers liability insurance. If the PA is self employed they must have public liability insurance to protect those they care for and the public. The danger is both may end up without any insurance. Addressing this key and growing concern this new policy protects a PA and care service user regardless of whether they are defined as employed or self employed.
Other Fish Insurance products: MOBILITY SCOOTER INSURANCE • MANUAL WHEELCHAIR INSURANCE
• CARER & PERSONAL ASSISTANT POLICY • CAR INSURANCE FOR PERSONAL ASSISTANTS & CARERS